POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How many of you overclock your CPU ? : Re: How many of you overclock your CPU ? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:22:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How many of you overclock your CPU ?
From: Jean Montambeault
Date: 7 May 1999 09:23:44
Message: <3732db50.0@news.povray.org>
Not to beat an old dead thread but,

            I shaved a little 6 seconds from the skyvase benchmark just by
choosing "load high performance settings" in my BIOS (Ami). From 108 seconds
to 102  it's a 5.5% improvement (1). Nothing dramatic but certainly less
risky than overclocking. My motherboard offers me two settings for the Front
Bus Speed : 66 Mhz for the Celeron 366A that I run or death at 100Mhz unless
I switch to a P II-III.

(1) That's 1h20 odd minutes a day,  20 days 1 hour 48 minutes a year,  a
little more than 4 years a lifetime (average male) %<))

        JM