POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : CSG-graphs - hopefully something that will make it into 3.5 Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:28:29 EDT (-0400)
  CSG-graphs - hopefully something that will make it into 3.5 (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Mark Kilbourne
Subject: CSG-graphs - hopefully something that will make it into 3.5
Date: 29 Apr 1999 22:45:49
Message: <37290b4d.0@news.povray.org>
I came across this site a long time ago.  I hope that it makes it into
POV-Ray 3.5,  It would be really a great addition,  or at least I think
it would.  I don't know enough about it to really judge, but it looks
like it could cut down on memory usage.  I talked with someone there and
they said they are working on a patch or getting it into POV-Ray
officially.  Anyone have any more information?  I would love to know.
Check out the site.
 HTTP:// mail.cg.tu.wien.ac.at/research/rendering/csg-graphs/index.html

-------

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'iso-8859-1' (1 KB)

>  HTTP://mail.cg.tu.wien.ac.at/research/rendering/csg-graphs/index.html

I am unable to connect to the listed address. Got another ?

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Post a reply to this message

> I came across this site a long time ago.  I hope that it makes it into
> POV-Ray 3.5,  It would be really a great addition,  or at least I think it
> would.  I don't know enough about it to really judge, but it looks like it
> could cut down on memory usage.  I talked with someone there and they said
> they are working on a patch or getting it into POV-Ray officially.  Anyone
> have any more information?  I would love to know.  Check out the site.
>  HTTP:// mail.cg.tu.wien.ac.at/research/rendering/csg-graphs/index.html

The ultimate MACRO language!  What is the status of POV Ray integration (the
selection was unlinked on their page)?
Jim

Check out my web site http://www.kressworks.com/
It'll blow your mind (politically), stimulate your senses (artistically)
and provide scientific insights beyond compare!

Be sure to read the Warp maintained POV VFAQ:
http://iki.fi/warp/povVFAQ.html

    Mark Kilbourne wrote in message <37290b4d.0@news.povray.org>...
    I came across this site a long time ago.  I hope that it makes it into
POV-Ray 3.5,  It would be really a great addition,  or at least I think it
would.  I don't know enough about it to really judge, but it looks like it
could cut down on memory usage.  I talked with someone there and they said
they are working on a patch or getting it into POV-Ray officially.  Anyone
have any more information?  I would love to know.  Check out the site.
     HTTP:// mail.cg.tu.wien.ac.at/research/rendering/csg-graphs/index.html

I think maybe this would be a cool thing for 4.0. I mean, unless we have
a few things in the bag, we won't have many new features in that
version. And, boy, would that be a killer feature!

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 29 Apr 1999 21:56:45 -0400, Mark Kilbourne <pas### [at] tcianet> wrote:

>------=_NextPart_000_005D_01BE928B.2C4CE960
>
>I came across this site a long time ago.  I hope that it makes it into =
>POV-Ray 3.5,  It would be really a great addition,  or at least I think =
>it would.  I don't know enough about it to really judge, but it looks =
>like it could cut down on memory usage.  I talked with someone there and =
>they said they are working on a patch or getting it into POV-Ray =
>officially.  Anyone have any more information?  I would love to know.  =
>Check out the site.
> HTTP:// mail.cg.tu.wien.ac.at/research/rendering/csg-graphs/index.html

I just followed the links around until I came to this page:

http://www.cg.tuwien.ac.at/~wonka/DIPL/RESULTS/IMPLEMENT/index.html

which appears to have the sources for two custom versions of POV 3.  I
haven't had the opportunity to examine the sources more closely yet to
determine if they're what you're looking for, but I suspect they are.

Note that if you download the first of the two versions, make sure you're
using a web browser that won't change all the LFs to CRLF pairs, or you're
on an operating system that uses LFs as line terminators (e.g. Unix.)

Post a reply to this message