POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : CSG-graphs - hopefully something that will make it into 3.5 : Re: CSG-graphs - hopefully something that will make it into 3.5 Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:18:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG-graphs - hopefully something that will make it into 3.5
From: Jim Kress
Date: 30 Apr 1999 11:49:06
Message: <3729c2e2.0@news.povray.org>
I sent an email to the people responsible for the pL-Systems work and asked
about POV integration (since it was listed on their site).  Their answer
follows:

Hi Jim,

unfortunately there will not be an official POV version with pL-Systems
integrated. Our changes are to complex and elementary to be easily
integrated by the POV team. We are currently considering to put our
special POV version on the Web. But we also want to avoid confusion and
I think this might upset the official POV distributors. However some
members of the institute are working on a really great rendering tool
kit. Its beyond POV and will also be public domain software. We will now
integrate pL-Systems into this framework. I expect this should be
finished at the end of the year. The framework is called ART, see
http://www.cg.tuwien.ac.at/research/rendering/ART/ for more information.

Best regards,

Chris
Christoph Traxler                  email:    tra### [at] cgtuwienacat
Institute of Computer Graphics     WWW: www.cg.tuwien.ac.at/~traxler
Vienna University of Technology    Tel.:        +43 (1) 585 49 93/15
Schoenbrunner Strasse 7/A/1        Sekr.:       +43 (1) 585 49 93/10
A-1040 Vienna, Austria             Fax:         +43 (1) 585 49 93/20

Jim

Check out my web site http://www.kressworks.com/
It'll blow your mind (politically), stimulate your senses (artistically)
and provide scientific insights beyond compare!