POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : CSG-graphs - hopefully something that will make it into 3.5 : Re: CSG-graphs - hopefully something that will make it into 3.5 Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:19:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG-graphs - hopefully something that will make it into 3.5
From: Ron Parker
Date: 30 Apr 1999 11:26:36
Message: <3729bd9c.0@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 29 Apr 1999 21:56:45 -0400, Mark Kilbourne <pas### [at] tcianet> wrote:

>------=_NextPart_000_005D_01BE928B.2C4CE960
>
>I came across this site a long time ago.  I hope that it makes it into =
>POV-Ray 3.5,  It would be really a great addition,  or at least I think =
>it would.  I don't know enough about it to really judge, but it looks =
>like it could cut down on memory usage.  I talked with someone there and =
>they said they are working on a patch or getting it into POV-Ray =
>officially.  Anyone have any more information?  I would love to know.  =
>Check out the site.
> HTTP:// mail.cg.tu.wien.ac.at/research/rendering/csg-graphs/index.html

I just followed the links around until I came to this page:

http://www.cg.tuwien.ac.at/~wonka/DIPL/RESULTS/IMPLEMENT/index.html

which appears to have the sources for two custom versions of POV 3.  I
haven't had the opportunity to examine the sources more closely yet to
determine if they're what you're looking for, but I suspect they are.

Note that if you download the first of the two versions, make sure you're
using a web browser that won't change all the LFs to CRLF pairs, or you're
on an operating system that uses LFs as line terminators (e.g. Unix.)