POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Linux Pov vs. Win Pov Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:30:48 EDT (-0400)
  Linux Pov vs. Win Pov (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Tom Melly
Subject: Linux Pov vs. Win Pov
Date: 26 Apr 1999 15:25:46
Message: <3724afaa.0@news.povray.org>
I'm thinking of turning over a spare drive to Linux to run Pov on (I presume
this is already a "you know you've been poving too long when....").

Can anyone confirm that unix pov is faster than win pov on the same
hardware? (Pentium 100).

--
Tom Melly
tom### [at] aolcom

Post a reply to this message

It's faster, but even more important, you have more RAM over for pov in linux
than in a "trimmed" windows .

Tom Melly wrote:

> I'm thinking of turning over a spare drive to Linux to run Pov on (I presume
> this is already a "you know you've been poving too long when....").
>
> Can anyone confirm that unix pov is faster than win pov on the same
> hardware? (Pentium 100).
>
> --
> Tom Melly
> tom### [at] aolcom