POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Linux Pov vs. Win Pov : Re: Linux Pov vs. Win Pov Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:21:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linux Pov vs. Win Pov
From: Tom Melly
Date: 27 Apr 1999 12:12:50
Message: <3725d3f2.0@news.povray.org>
>....Linux was always faster than Windows until I set the
>render priority to highest in the Windows version. But than you can do
nothing
>else with your computer...

According to my partner, I don't do anything on my computer apart from POV
anyway ;)

It looks like I won't gain much from Linux. However, I'll still go for it,
and, if my computer ever talks to me again, I'll try posting some
comparative render times.

"you know you've been poving too long when you think about asking Ken to
your wedding."

(actually, if you're getting married, you obviously haven't been poving
nearly long enough).