POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ANNOUNCE: POV-Survey Statistics!!! Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:22:14 EDT (-0400)
  ANNOUNCE: POV-Survey Statistics!!! (Message 11 to 20 of 22)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 2 Messages >>>
From: Lance Birch
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: POV-Survey Statistics!!!
Date: 13 May 1999 18:57:40
Message: <373b4ad4.0@news.povray.org>
Hmm, yeah... I think it's a shame really that the whole computer thing seems
to have some kind of stereotype of male users...

Nearly all the people I know however, be them male or female, use computers.
I think I only know a few people that don't really use them... then again, I
guess there is a difference between using a computer for graphix and using a
computer for games :-)

In all honesty however, I think that (and I'm going to make a generalisation
here, no need to attack me over this OK?) women seem to have greater
artistic ability than men (I'm sure a lot of people would agree with me on
that anyway), and seem to be able to express themselves better.  The
unfortunate thing about male computer users that are heavily into computers
is that a lot of the time when they go to make an image, they make it on
something Sci-Fi, like space stations and stuff (hey, not that I'm saying
there's anything wrong with space stations!!!  ;-)

I wish there were more women involved with computers, because I think that a
lot more artistic work would be created that way.

Just my 2 cents :-)

--
Lance.

---
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone
For a totally different experience, visit my Chroma Key Website:
Colorblind - http://listen.to/colorblind