POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ANNOUNCE: POV-Survey Statistics!!! : Re: ANNOUNCE: POV-Survey Statistics!!! Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:24:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ANNOUNCE: POV-Survey Statistics!!!
From: Peter Popov
Date: 27 Jun 1999 16:22:59
Message: <3779869c.2133905@204.213.191.228>
On Sun, 27 Jun 1999 16:11:39 +0100, Steve <sjl### [at] ndirectcouk> wrote:

>Loads of girls use paint packages and produce artistic looking
>web sites but for some reason don't seem to be interested in
>raytracing.
>
>A gril where I worked about a year ago was a really good artist,
>she used printers, scanners, paintpackages and produced some
>stunning work, but when I told her about ray tracing she wasn't
>interested.

I once knew a girl that made really good pictures with the Win 3.11
paintbrush in 16 colors. The first time I saw one of her
sunset-over-the-sea pics I thought it was a really beautiful photo and
asked if she could switch to 256 colors so that the dithering wouldn't
hurt the picture so badly. Imagine my amazement when she told me that
she had actually drawn the thing! My disbelief must have shown on my
face, too, because she showed me some in-progress pic and how she
worked on it with. It's a real pity she couldn't afford better
equipment or else she could have been reading this too :)

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700