POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : TGA files containing HF_Gray_16 data, Question 1 Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:18:51 EDT (-0400)
  TGA files containing HF_Gray_16 data, Question 1 (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: F VERBAAS
Subject: TGA files containing HF_Gray_16 data, Question 1
Date: 4 Apr 1999 17:17:04
Message: <3707c8c0.0@news.povray.org>
How does POV distinguish between TGA files in HF_Gray_16 format and normal
TGA files for the definition of height fields?

For HF_Gray_16 files the docs state:         height=red*256+green
For 'normal' files the docs state:                  height = 0.3 * red +
0.59 * green + 0.11 * blue

Both definitions are

The docs do not specify a switch in the definition of the height field
object.

Frans

Post a reply to this message

But isn't it the file format?  I thought it flagged the file in the file
header with a different byte for the byte that specifies the color depth...
(don't quote me on that one...)

--
Lance.

---