POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : TGA files containing HF_Gray_16 data, Question 1 : Re: TGA files containing HF_Gray_16 data, Question 1 Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:26:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TGA files containing HF_Gray_16 data, Question 1
From: F VERBAAS
Date: 7 Apr 1999 17:08:35
Message: <370bbb43.0@news.povray.org>
Yes, it does so when HF_Gray_16 is on. But when it READS a height field
definition, how does it know to use either .3*Red+.59*Green+.11*Blue (like
the docs say) or to reconstruct red+green/256, or does it silently always
use the latter, and throw away any information in the blue channel?

I could of course go into reverse engineering, generating fields with
specific patterns and so, or dive into the code. I hoped, however, that
someone would know the answer.

Frans

Steven Jones heeft geschreven in bericht <370A825B.9A6BF9E0@tsn.cc>...