POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : TGA files containing HF_Gray_16 data, Question 1 : Re: TGA files containing HF_Gray_16 data, Question 1 Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:25:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TGA files containing HF_Gray_16 data, Question 1
From: F VERBAAS
Date: 6 Apr 1999 17:21:23
Message: <370a6cc3.0@news.povray.org>
Lance Birch heeft geschreven in bericht <37081446.0@news.povray.org>...
>But isn't it the file format?  I thought it flagged the file in the file
>header with a different byte for the byte that specifies the color depth...
>(don't quote me on that one...)
>
>--
>Lance.

No, it is a consistent 24 bits length flagging: See an example below:

Length of ID Field =            0
Color map type of file =            0
Type of file =            2
Origin of map =            0
Length of map =            0
Map entry size =           24
X Origin =            0
Y Origin =            0
Origin of map =          256
Length of map =          256
Image pixel size =           24
Image Dscription =            0
           col        row        green        blue       red    HF value
           1           1           0                   0         255
28.0500
           2           1           0                 255           0
150.450
           3           1         255                  0           0
76.5000
           4           1           0                     0           0
0.000000

Frans