POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : refraction / caustics? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:36:28 EDT (-0400)
  refraction / caustics? (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Lark
Subject: refraction / caustics?
Date: 30 Jan 1999 12:09:02
Message: <36b33cae.0@news.povray.org>
This is a continuation of a post I made yesterday.  I have a lense (now not
hollow, thanks to the help I got here!), and it refracts light headed
towards the camera fine.  For example, a scene is distorted when the camera
looks through it.  But what I really want the lense for is to split up a
beam of light.  I am trying to use a spotlight or cylindrical light, but
when they pass through the lense they are unaffected.  I have tried the
caustics keyword, but it does not seem to do anything.  I am wondering if
only area or point lights are affected by lenses because of some wierd way
that the spot and cylinder lights work.  Is this true?  The reason I ask is
that I need to simulate a fanned laser for a presentation I am doing on
structured light vision.  Thank you so much... again.

Post a reply to this message