POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : refraction / caustics? : Re: refraction / caustics? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:18:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: refraction / caustics?
From: Dr  Karl-Heinz Pape
Date: 4 Feb 1999 06:20:05
Message: <36B9829E.FE88FAE2@batech.de>
Hello Lark!
I think that POV-Ray cannot do what you want just because only light ray
originating from the camera are refracted by objects having some refraction
value in the inside{} satement. You want to refract light rays originating from
the light source! To my humble knowledge light rays from light sources can only
be attenuated by objects between the source and the tested surface. This is
because the ray is traced back to the source and not from the source to the
lighted surface...
Greetings
   Karl-Heinz