POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : refraction / caustics? : Re: refraction / caustics? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:14:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: refraction / caustics?
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 30 Jan 1999 19:37:33
Message: <36b3a5cd.0@news.povray.org>
Daren Scot Wilson wrote in message <36B2FDD5.C451AD58@pipeline.com>...
>Lark wrote:
>> ... But what I really want the lense for is to split up a
>> beam of light. ...
>
>People are working on this.
>
>There's a macro by Margus Ramst in  povray.text.scene-files, with an
>example in povray.binaries.images.

My macro only does reflected caustics and requires the Superpatch;  it also
treats all light sources as point lights, so I doubt it'll help you. Sorry.
There are very few renderers around that do the thing you want and POV
currently isn't one of them. You might try out BMRT (Blue Moon Rendering
Tools); it can handle caustics to some extent and is freely downloadable.
But unless you are somewhat familiar with the RIB format and shaders, (and
have a Cray or sth., because caustics are slooooow), I suspect this is of no
use, either.
Wish I could help more.
Margus