POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Florescent light bulb Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:24:53 EDT (-0400)
  Florescent light bulb (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Michael Soda
Subject: Florescent light bulb
Date: 23 Mar 1999 16:42:12
Message: <36F80A88.8A6C4065@erols.com>
Hi all.

  First off, I'm new here, so if this request needs to be posted
elsewhere...
please tell me!

  I'm trying to make a fish tank.  And for the lid, I need florescent
bulbs.
However, when I try to use an area light (looks_like cylinder), it shows

the whole cylinder, but the light is only coming from the very beginning
point
of the cylinder.  If anyone has an example out there, I'd GREATLY
appreciate
it.  here's what I have:

#declare Tank_Light_Bulb =
cylinder { <0,0,0>,
               <22,0,0>, .75
               texture { pigment { color White} }
               finish { Luminous }
}

light_source
    {
      <1.5,1,9 >
      color White
      area_light
      <22,0,0>,<0,1,0>
      22,1
      adaptive 1
      jitter
      looks_like { object {Tank_Light_Bulb } }
    }

I just want the whole light bulb to eminate light...and it seems to
just come from the originating point.

any help would be appreciated.

-s0da-
mso### [at] erolscom