POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Florescent light bulb : Re: Florescent light bulb Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:21:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Florescent light bulb
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 24 Mar 1999 01:01:53
Message: <36F87FC6.DF20617B@aol.com>
Not really. This is a well known difficulty with area_light being not
truly "area". Most people seem to go for a high 'ambient' in the object
to hide the fact (low diffuse too). A very small 'scale' 'normal' will
help spread the point out as well (must have some specular or phong in
there too).
Everythings a work-around far as I know. The multiple lights might be
too slow, true. But if you try that best thing for smooth shadows would
be a wide 'spotlight' 'tightness 1', just not easy to use for such due
to 'point_at'.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe