POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Spotlight through the bedsheets. Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:22:29 EDT (-0400)
  Spotlight through the bedsheets. (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: Jason Scheuerman
Subject: Spotlight through the bedsheets.
Date: 4 Feb 1999 16:03:34
Message: <36BA0BB8.7BA19A9B@null.net>
I've been trying to figure out how to create a scene in which there is a
light shining through a white linen cloth. For example, if you were to
take a white bedsheet and hold it up near a lightbulb, you wouldn't see
the exact outline of the bulb but you would see the light being
dispersed through the sheet in a fuzzy outline.  (Am I making myself
clear?)  Anyone know how to accoplish this in POV?

Jason Scheuerman
mt### [at] nullnet

Post a reply to this message

Try giving the sheets pgiment a filter or transmit value, but that may be
too literal for a bedsheet, so it meay work to increaswe it's ambience a
bit.

--
Josh English
eng### [at] spiritonecom