POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Spotlight through the bedsheets. : Re: Spotlight through the bedsheets. Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:16:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spotlight through the bedsheets.
From: Peter Popov
Date: 4 Feb 1999 23:38:14
Message: <36ba75a0.2111740@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 04 Feb 1999 13:06:00 -0800, Jason Scheuerman <mt### [at] nullnet>
wrote:

>I've been trying to figure out how to create a scene in which there is a
>light shining through a white linen cloth. For example, if you were to
>take a white bedsheet and hold it up near a lightbulb, you wouldn't see
>the exact outline of the bulb but you would see the light being
>dispersed through the sheet in a fuzzy outline.  (Am I making myself
>clear?)  Anyone know how to accoplish this in POV?
>
>Jason Scheuerman
>mt### [at] nullnet

Well, if you a hardcoding-only POV-Ray nutcake (my ICQ nick is
pov-nut) you could  try using the SuperPatch to create a function for
an isosurface and use it as 1) an ithersection of two isosurfaces
situated closely to make the sheet and 2) a density pattern for a
scattering media in the sheet to do the fuzzy light effect you are
after.

Just a thought.

Peter