POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Possible to give POVray complete priority? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:29:43 EDT (-0400)
  Possible to give POVray complete priority? (Message 9 to 18 of 18)
From: Margus Ramst
Subject: Re: Possible to give POVray complete priority?
Date: 2 Feb 1999 16:11:36
Message: <36b76a08.0@news.povray.org>
I think they start from 500MHz and use a 120MHz bus (at least later on).
Don't quote me on this, though.
And I rarely read Intel's press releases (or AMD's, for that matter).
They'll just say it's the best thing that has happened since sliced bread
etc. etc.
If you want a bit more objective info, check out some processor news pages;
they also have tech info. They had info about Katmai (PIII) already in
November.

Margus

Ken wrote in message <36B7652F.99646E5B@pacbell.net>...
>I looked at their press release web page and could not find
>any real performance or operating data available. Do you know
>what the top end will be on these - 400mhz more ? and if they
>will operate at faster buss speed than their predecessors.
>They had about 8 different pages to visit and not one had
>any information except that yes they have devoloped it and
>yes they plan to sell them.
>
>--
>Ken Tyler
>
>tyl### [at] pacbellnet