POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Possible to give POVray complete priority? : Re: Possible to give POVray complete priority? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:25:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Possible to give POVray complete priority?
From: Chris Maryan
Date: 2 Feb 1999 21:59:07
Message: <36B7BB4F.FBA69F0D@geocities.com>
I've read every bit of information I could find about this chip over the
last couple of months. Here's the deal:
Starting at 500MHz clock
and 200 MHz bus (this will probably include support for some of the new
RAM types like RDRAM)
Slot A(A for alpha, as in DEC (now compaq) alpha, the folks who created
some of the technology for this chip) this means new motherboards and
chipsets, probably initially supplied only by AMD.
EV6 bus architecture (again from the dec alpha, this is fast stuff)
Released sometime between May and August 1999, priced to be competitive
with whatever intel has out at the time but early benchmarks show it
outperforming the PIII.
Support for multiple processors (intel has had this for a while in their
chips and chipsets but this is trhe first time an intel competitor has
this).

That's about all I know.

--
Chris Maryan