POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Realistic Sunsets Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:15:02 EDT (-0400)
  Realistic Sunsets (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: dave
Subject: Realistic Sunsets
Date: 12 Jan 1999 12:23:25
Message: <369b850d.0@news.povray.org>
Is there any way to simulate the earths atmosphere in order to produce
realistic sunsets and how is the sun itself done?

for example:     if the sun is near the horizon the sky turns red if it is
up higher
                           the sky is blue.

-Dave

Post a reply to this message

> Is there any way to simulate the earths atmosphere in order to produce
> realistic sunsets and how is the sun itself done?
>
> for example:     if the sun is near the horizon the sky turns red if it is
> up higher
>                            the sky is blue.
>
> -Dave

  I'm no expert in this department but I can direct you to a great
tutorial on the subject:

http://members.xoom.com/POVRAY3/

Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message