POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Confession of a POV-snob (Humour) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:30:00 EDT (-0400)
  Confession of a POV-snob (Humour) (Message 1 to 10 of 21)
From: Simon de Vet
Subject: Confession of a POV-snob (Humour)
Date: 6 Jan 1999 21:33:29
Message: <36941D4A.BE93250A@istar.ca>
Hello, my name is Simon, and I am a POV-snob.

In particular, I am a certain type of snob.

I am a processing snob. I believe that the only pure rendered image is
one that has not been touched in any way by any external editor.
Copyright messages make me cringe.

I am a texture snob. If it ain't procedural, it just ain't real.

I am a modelling snob (a rare breed). If it's coded by hand, it's less
'artsy'.

---

Face it. We're all snobs, in one way or another. We all believe things,
for no apparant reasons. Well, I say this is nothing to be ashamed of!
POV-snobs of the world, unite!

Are you a code snob (modellers are for wimps)!?
Are you a time snob (any render under 8 hours is a waste of time!)?
Are you a math snob (an egg is a complex equation, never a stretched
sphere!)?
Are you a macro snob (if it can be done with a macro, it must be!)?
Are you a physics snob (the IOR of water is 1.332, fool! Not 1.333!!!!)?

Love to hear from you all!

BTW, this is meant as a lighthearted post... no mean debates over the
validity of [FOO] as opposed to [BAR].... just good old fashioned
snobbery, eh? >:)

Simon
http://home.istar.ca/~sdevet

Post a reply to this message