POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ANNOUNCE: Dispersion for windows Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:38:16 EDT (-0400)
  ANNOUNCE: Dispersion for windows (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Mike
Subject: ANNOUNCE: Dispersion for windows
Date: 6 Jan 1999 13:41:43
Message: <3693ADE3.945A23C9@aol.com>
I have uploaded a build of the dispersion patch for Windows 95/98/NT.
You can get it at

http://members.aol.com/povray3/dispersion.zip

I'm offering it for those who have been dying to try it out themselves.
I can't promise it will run flawlessly, though it's worked pretty good
for me.  Details are provided in the readme file.  You need to have
POV-Ray 3.1 for Windows installed for it to run.

-Mike

Post a reply to this message

> I have uploaded a build of the dispersion patch for Windows 95/98/NT.
> You can get it at
>
> http://members.aol.com/povray3/dispersion.zip
>
> I'm offering it for those who have been dying to try it out themselves.
> I can't promise it will run flawlessly, though it's worked pretty good
> for me.  Details are provided in the readme file.  You need to have
> POV-Ray 3.1 for Windows installed for it to run.
>
> -Mike

  After experimenting with the patch for a short time I have
only one suggestion to offer. The pixels per second counter
needs to be changed to read pixels per minute or maybe pixels
per hour/days for slower machines ;^ }

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet

Post a reply to this message

The idea is to use it on one or two small objects, not a poster-sized
print of the full Tiffany glass collection!  :)

-Mike

Ken wrote:

> Mike wrote:
> >
> > I have uploaded a build of the dispersion patch for Windows 95/98/NT.
> > You can get it at
> >
> > http://members.aol.com/povray3/dispersion.zip
> >
> > I'm offering it for those who have been dying to try it out themselves.
> > I can't promise it will run flawlessly, though it's worked pretty good
> > for me.  Details are provided in the readme file.  You need to have
> > POV-Ray 3.1 for Windows installed for it to run.
> >
> > -Mike
>
>   After experimenting with the patch for a short time I have
> only one suggestion to offer. The pixels per second counter
> needs to be changed to read pixels per minute or maybe pixels
> per hour/days for slower machines ;^ }
>
> --
> Ken Tyler
>
> tyl### [at] pacbellnet