POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ANNOUNCE: Dispersion for windows : Re: ANNOUNCE: Dispersion for windows Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:17:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ANNOUNCE: Dispersion for windows
From: Daren Scot Wilson
Date: 9 Jan 1999 00:01:23
Message: <36969C6C.31FE11D9@pipeline.com>
Mike wrote:

> ... If you stop the render the
> dispersion may stop working next time you start one.  You have to close
> the program and restart it if this happens.  Such is life in betaville.

Smellenbergh, who is working on a port of dispersion patch to the Mac,
had the same problem.  He explained:

>  The Macintosh versions all use a GUI and POV-Ray is not quit between
> consecutive runs. This means that we had to set the variable disp_elem and
> disp_nelems to zero in the function init_vars() in povray.c.
> If we did not do this, any change we made to the source to 'dispersion' and
> 'disp_nelems' where not used.

Surely a trivial fix.  While not needed for the unix version, I will put
this into my next version of the patch.

Smellenbergh's e-mail is sme### [at] skynetbe, if you want more
in-depth info. I'm just a Linuxer, no Windows or Mac here, can't help
much with this bug...

--
Daren Scot Wilson
dar### [at] pipelinecom