POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ANNOUNCE: Dispersion for windows : Re: ANNOUNCE: Dispersion for windows Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:23:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ANNOUNCE: Dispersion for windows
From: Daren Scot Wilson
Date: 7 Jan 1999 03:35:16
Message: <36942B95.3951AD19@pipeline.com>
Mike wrote:
> >   After experimenting with the patch for a short time I have
> > only one suggestion to offer. The pixels per second counter
> > needs to be changed to read pixels per minute or maybe pixels
> > per hour/days for slower machines ;^ }

If it's not slow enough, you can always increase the value for
disp_nelems :-)

There is one change needed to the code.  It renders all refractive
media, whether dispersive or not,  as if they were dispersive.  If
dispersion (actually, ratio of dispersions of the two media)  is equal
to 1.0  (this being the ratio of red IOR to blue IOR) my code still does
a loop and traces fifty rays :-(  but insertion  a simple "if" statement
that tests for  dispersion being equal to 1.0 (within EPSILON)  can
solve that problem.

I will post a patch eventually.  As soon as real life lets me.  (I wish
real life would render faster so I can play more often)

--
Daren Scot Wilson
dar### [at] pipelinecom