POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Collision detection, gravity etc Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:17:35 EDT (-0400)
  Collision detection, gravity etc (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Andrew Cocker
Subject: Collision detection, gravity etc
Date: 3 Dec 1998 16:55:54
Message: <366708ea.0@news.povray.org>
Hi,
    Having recently discovered Chris Colefax's includes, I was wondering
whether there is a similar plug-in which deals with collision detection etc.
    I would love to be able to set up a number of objects in a scene and
allow them to interact until they've expended all their energy, such as
scattering a hundred elastic spheres onto a plane.
    There is no way that I myself could begin to understand how to do this,
but since getting online I've realised that there are some VERY clever
people out there!

Thanks,

Andy C.

Post a reply to this message

If it's any consolation it's on Chris's list of things to do.

Ken Tyler

Andrew Cocker wrote:

> Hi,
>     Having recently discovered Chris Colefax's includes, I was wondering
> whether there is a similar plug-in which deals with collision detection etc.
>     I would love to be able to set up a number of objects in a scene and
> allow them to interact until they've expended all their energy, such as
> scattering a hundred elastic spheres onto a plane.
>     There is no way that I myself could begin to understand how to do this,
> but since getting online I've realised that there are some VERY clever
> people out there!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andy C.

Post a reply to this message