POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Collision detection, gravity etc : Re: Collision detection, gravity etc Server Time
13 Aug 2024 01:21:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Collision detection, gravity etc
From: Rainer Mager
Date: 3 Dec 1998 20:18:54
Message: <3667387e.0@news.povray.org>
Hi Andy and all,

    I did quite a bit of work on similar stuff for a scene I was working on
and came to the eventual conclusion that the POV scene language wasn't
powerful enough for what I wanted to do. Since then I've been, slowly,
working on a Perl wrapper for POV. If/when it is ever usable I will post
here but I don't see it happening too soon.
    I also would like to do what you suggested but perhaps even more
interesting. Take a couple hunder miscellaneous objects, basic spheres,
boxes, donuts, etc as well as more complex CSG objects and throw them onto a
plane (or even throw them into a box) and see them all bounce around with
specified bounciness and friction until it all come to a stop. If I ever
accomplish that I'll be a happy camper. As I said, I'm still a ways off,
though.

--Rainer