POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Box Object Server Time
13 Aug 2024 01:23:09 EDT (-0400)
  The Box Object (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Ken
Subject: The Box Object
Date: 17 Nov 1998 11:11:19
Message: <36519FC6.7276C22@pacbell.net>
Take a close look at the box statement below.

box{<-1.0, 1.0, -1.0>,< -1.0, -1.0, -1.0>}

This will render with out error in v3.1a. Why ? I would think
a divide by zero error of something would happen. I know a
scale <0,1,0> will yeild a warning and Pov will automaticaly
add a scale by 1 in the 0 vectors BUT if built with a 0 demension
it is unaware ?
Given a zero demnsion in the x and z directions what is
it rendering. An infininatly thin y axis box ?

Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message