POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Box Object : Re: The Box Object Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:23:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Box Object
From: Mark Radosevich
Date: 18 Nov 1998 02:24:19
Message: <3652228C.256F2477@randolph.spa.edu>
Ken wrote:

> > Take a close look at the box statement below.
> >
> > box{<-1.0, 1.0, -1.0>,< -1.0, -1.0, -1.0>}
>
> Would this be considered a 1D object ?
> Dan recently accused me of posting a 1D image and
> I think this is a much closer approximation.
>
> Ken Tyler

So, what's the cross product of 1d vectors?

I think I'd be more worried if it parsed that and actually rendered a box on
the screen. Hmmm... if a ray were sent out that just happened to hit, say,
<-1,0,-1>, it would display it, wouldn't it? I'm not sure whether that's a
good thing or not--there's really nothing there for it to hit...

-Mark R.