POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Box Object : Re: The Box Object Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:11:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Box Object
From: Ken
Date: 18 Nov 1998 03:07:23
Message: <36527FCF.14A00B8B@pacbell.net>
Mark Radosevich wrote:

> Ken wrote:
> >
> > > Take a close look at the box statement below.
> > >
> > > box{<-1.0, 1.0, -1.0>,< -1.0, -1.0, -1.0>}
> >
> > Would this be considered a 1D object ?
> > Dan recently accused me of posting a 1D image and
> > I think this is a much closer approximation.
> >
> > Ken Tyler
>
> So, what's the cross product of 1d vectors?
>
> I think I'd be more worried if it parsed that and actually rendered a box on
> the screen. Hmmm... if a ray were sent out that just happened to hit, say,
> <-1,0,-1>, it would display it, wouldn't it? I'm not sure whether that's a
> good thing or not--there's really nothing there for it to hit...
>
> -Mark R.

  Truth is it produced nothing. It parses just fine but
nothing appears. I also tried using 2D vectors. This did
produce a result exactly as one would expect. It produced
a single face of the box.
  How would Pov determine the inside of the object ? Would
it just take the normalized vector as it would a plane ?

Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (2 KB)