POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : After reading for about a year Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:19:03 EDT (-0400)
  After reading for about a year (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Matt Giwer
Subject: After reading for about a year
Date: 30 Jan 2000 15:01:56
Message: <38949901.CD2C74C0@ij.net>
It dawned on me last night something I have not
been reading that I would expect to be very common.
That is comments on the source code to the effect "this
algorithm is faster than the one uses in POV." Are they
in a newsgroup I don't read? Am I blinkd? Are the
algorithms from some accepted standard package? Not
that I want to get involved in that kind of thread.

--
"If I am the one, who is the two?" - Neo

Post a reply to this message

>     It dawned on me last night something I have not
> been reading that I would expect to be very common.
> That is comments on the source code to the effect "this
> algorithm is faster than the one uses in POV." Are they
> in a newsgroup I don't read? Am I blinkd? Are the
> algorithms from some accepted standard package? Not
> that I want to get involved in that kind of thread.

Not exactly comment's on the source code but rendering algorithms in
general.
If you want to read something like that, go to:

computer.graphics.rendering.raytracing

If you like some spam, and a hot flame now and then is almost perfect.
You will also meet some names that show up here quite often.

Marc

--
Marc Schimmler

Post a reply to this message