POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : After reading for about a year : Re: After reading for about a year Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:13:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: After reading for about a year
From: Matt Giwer
Date: 31 Jan 2000 05:24:03
Message: <362C5701.196F0A56@ij.net>
Nieminen Juha wrote:

>   You can ask anyone using any other renderer other than povray and he can
> tell you some algorithm that is faster than the one used in povray.
>   I doubt that most of them have ever tried.

    I was recognizing the "battle of the algorithms" that is so common. Just
noting I had not seen those battles over POV source.

    And since I am finally getting into C directly hoping there was some
optimized library as for FORTRAN that no one seriously debates.

--
The question is not, "Who will let me do it?"
The question is, "Who will stop me?"