POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : After reading for about a year : Re: After reading for about a year Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:12:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: After reading for about a year
From: Marc Schimmler
Date: 31 Jan 2000 02:49:26
Message: <38953E86.BFB49198@ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
Matt Giwer wrote:

>     It dawned on me last night something I have not
> been reading that I would expect to be very common.
> That is comments on the source code to the effect "this
> algorithm is faster than the one uses in POV." Are they
> in a newsgroup I don't read? Am I blinkd? Are the
> algorithms from some accepted standard package? Not
> that I want to get involved in that kind of thread.

Not exactly comment's on the source code but rendering algorithms in
general.
If you want to read something like that, go to:

computer.graphics.rendering.raytracing

If you like some spam, and a hot flame now and then is almost perfect.
You will also meet some names that show up here quite often.

Marc

--
Marc Schimmler