POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Voxel output from POV? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:25:35 EDT (-0400)
  Voxel output from POV? (Message 7 to 16 of 16)
From: Daniel Matthews
Subject: Re: Voxel output from POV?
Date: 22 Jan 2002 21:01:04
Message: <1022879.ASKD2KPVSP@3-e.net>
Yes! Thank you, that hint + google.com gave me this link

http://www.acm.org/jgt/papers/KarabassiEtAl99b/

Dave Dunn wrote:

> Could this be what you are looking for?
>
>  A Fast Depth-Buffer-Based Voxelization Algorithm

Post a reply to this message

From: Daniel Matthews
Date: 22 Jan 2002 21:10:01
Message: <1173651.usQuhbGJ8B@3-e.net>
The VolVis link off that page also has related images.
http://www.cs.sunysb.edu/~vislab/volvis_home.html

So the steps are

Generate the matrix in POV via a 3d render.
Encode the matrix with compression.
View the Matrix from any point.

No fancy lighting of the Volume is required as the original 3d render will
supply this data. A good radiosity render should be a "fun" object to look
at.