POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Voxel output from POV? : Re: Voxel output from POV? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:21:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Voxel output from POV?
From: Daniel Matthews
Date: 23 Jan 2002 00:44:42
Message: <1481257.3LdiiZoQLe@3-e.net>
Each voxel is a spherical map (possible very low res)
The lowest res would be a six sided shape with each side having 16 bit
vales for RGB or HLS. LOD would determine the map size?

The rendered view is an interpolation between these values, which are
chosen from the map points that are facing the camera, with the values of
the map been interpolated too, based on the normal of the map values
relative to the camera. i.e. a cube map would have three sides facing the
camera most of the time so the resulting value will be a mix of the three.