POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Voxel output from POV? : Re: Voxel output from POV? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:33:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Voxel output from POV?
From: Daniel Matthews
Date: 22 Jan 2002 21:10:01
Message: <1173651.usQuhbGJ8B@3-e.net>
The VolVis link off that page also has related images.
http://www.cs.sunysb.edu/~vislab/volvis_home.html

So the steps are

Generate the matrix in POV via a 3d render.
Encode the matrix with compression.
View the Matrix from any point.

No fancy lighting of the Volume is required as the original 3d render will
supply this data. A good radiosity render should be a "fun" object to look
at.