POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New (Old Pov book) Server Time
5 Aug 2024 18:23:17 EDT (-0400)
  New (Old Pov book) (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: The Mad Hatter
Subject: New (Old Pov book)
Date: 23 Aug 2002 20:45:04
Message: <web.3d66d69dfb68f064d52563f20@news.povray.org>
I bought my first povray book today, though I admit it's a bit dated.
"Raytracing Worlds with Pov-Ray"  The Official Pov-Ray group book by Waite
Group press.

  I am wondering from anyone else who has owned this how valueable it is,
considering it came with 2.2 version of pov-ray.  Is it still mostly viable
or am I going to learn an abandoned trade here?

Post a reply to this message

>  I bought my first povray book today, though I admit it's a bit dated.
>"Raytracing Worlds with Pov-Ray"  The Official Pov-Ray group book by Waite
>Group press.
>
>  I am wondering from anyone else who has owned this how valueable it is,
>considering it came with 2.2 version of pov-ray.  Is it still mostly viable
>or am I going to learn an abandoned trade here?

No idea about that one. I have one called "Raytracing Creations" also from
Waite Group. I can't recall what version of POV-Ray came with it though. I
used to get updated versions from the BBS, back before the WWW.  :)

Post a reply to this message

Man, it's a shame the computer newbies had to push for the internet.  Those
BBS days were the best.