POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New (Old Pov book) : Re: New (Old Pov book) Server Time
5 Aug 2024 16:16:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New (Old Pov book)
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 25 Aug 2002 15:46:30
Message: <1103_1030304554@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 24 Aug 2002 13:45:51 -0700, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:

> Patrick Elliott wrote:
>
> > Sigh.. Well that didn't seem to work. Everyone keeps telling me that to reply to
> > my posts they have to hand edit something, but no one tells me what or how,
> > so I can't fix what I am doing wrong either. :p
>
> You have your reply-to field set to - web.3d66d69dfb68f064d52563f20@news.povray.org
> Check your preferences and make sure the reply-to field is clear. Or maybe use a
> real news reader like Netscape.

Gah.. Just what I need.. Yet another program taking up space on my computer. lol

There is the thing, clicking reply with this post I got>

From: Patrick Elliott <sel### [at] rrazcom>
News: povray.general
Followup-to:
To: windows1252
cc:
Bcc:
Subject: Re: New (Old Pov Book)

If I use follow-up I get>

From: Patrick Elliott <sel### [at] rrazcom>
News: povray.general
Followup-to:
cc:
Bcc:

Now the docs say you use follow-up to post a comment to the current thread, but
unless I copy the message ID into te follow-up field it doesn't post to the thread,
just to the group. But apparently Opera is copying the blasted field into the reply
field
as well. :p I will try the reply option and see what happens instead. I really don't
want to install yet another browser...

-----
main ()

    call functional_code()