POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray help site Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:17:55 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray help site (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Doug Eichenberg
Subject: POV-Ray help site
Date: 17 May 2000 20:41:21
Message: <01bfc069$6b921ca0$5b0890d8@default>
I'm considering the possibility of creating a POV-Ray help site and I want
to get some feedback.  Basically, what I have in mind is a website with the
following:

1. All the text from the newsgroups.
2. All the tutorial text that's floating around on the net.
3. All the example code floating around on the net.
4. A search function that accesses all of the above.
5. Any good ideas that other people have.

I've already talked to an ISP about hosting it, and I'd be willing to do
the work myself if enough people are interested.  Please let me know what
you think of the idea.  I'm certainly not going to waste my time if no one
is interested, so BE HONEST!  If you do like the idea, let me know what
you'd like to see on such a site.

Please don't hesitate to give me your opinions and suggestions, either here
or by e-mail.  My e-mail address is:   dou### [at] nlsnet

Thanks for your feedback.

-Doug

Post a reply to this message

> I'm considering the possibility of creating a POV-Ray help site and I want
> to get some feedback.  Basically, what I have in mind is a website with the
> following:
>
> 1. All the text from the newsgroups.
> 2. All the tutorial text that's floating around on the net.

That seems like an awful lot of volume.

Post a reply to this message

> I'm considering the possibility of creating a POV-Ray help site and I want
> to get some feedback.  Basically, what I have in mind is a website with the
> following:
>
> 1. All the text from the newsgroups.

Let me check with the news server admin for you to see if they have
any problems with this before you proceed.

> 2. All the tutorial text that's floating around on the net.
> 3. All the example code floating around on the net.

Please take the time to read this recent thread -