POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.books : Time for eBooks? Server Time
5 May 2024 11:43:18 EDT (-0400)
  Time for eBooks? (Message 19 to 28 of 28)
From: Tom Melly
Subject: Re: Time for eBooks?
Date: 7 Feb 2002 10:08:42
Message: <3c62987a$1@news.povray.org>
"Bill DeWitt" <bde### [at] cflrrcom> wrote in message

>     Ergonomically?!?! I have a -much- better posture and can read for
> a -much- longer time when I set up here to read something as compared to a
> book. Books require odd positioning, props and pillows, arms that fall
> asleep, weird lights that hang off the bedposts on little cranes....

Well, "ergonomically" was really the wrong word - about the only place I never
read a book is in front of the computer (except for IT reference). I guess
reading a book on something like a Palm might be okay, but I think I'd miss the
tactile quality of a paperback. Bottom line, most places I read books are not
really suitable, in terms of comfort or convenience, for a monitor.

>     Give me a large screen and an arm rest anytime.
>
>     O course, my lovely wife hates it when I bring the large screen to bed
> with me so I won't be going full e-book any time soon.

Doesn't the 'orrible one mind? ;)

Post a reply to this message