POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Bug with renderer quitting for no reason Server Time
29 Apr 2024 03:17:17 EDT (-0400)
  Bug with renderer quitting for no reason (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: SharkD
Subject: Bug with renderer quitting for no reason
Date: 9 Dec 2008 15:55:00
Message: <web.493eda204f59c5434f5a8c2a0@news.povray.org>
The renderer quits unexpectedly with usch errors as "Parse Error: Cannot open
input file" and "Unknown internal error!". Eventually, if you keep trying the
scene will render, but it may quit again on the next frame in an animation.

This issue is discussed at greater length here:

http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3Cweb.493a64ae15bf06cba19b81b0%40news.povray.org%3E/?mtop=18

-Mike

Post a reply to this message

> The renderer quits unexpectedly with usch errors as "Parse Error: Cannot open
> input file" and "Unknown internal error!". Eventually, if you keep trying the
> scene will render, but it may quit again on the next frame in an animation.
>
> This issue is discussed at greater length here:

http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3Cweb.493a64ae15bf06cba19b81b0%40news.povray.org%3E/?mtop=18

Please read the message below, it is still valid except for he moderation part:

> Please read the message below, it is still valid except for he moderation part:
>
> From: Alan Kong <ako### [at] povrayWWWSPAMCOMorg>
> Newsgroups: povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions
> Subject: bug reporting
> Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 20:32:49 -0700
>
>  Thorsten, POV-Team

* The problem affects beta 29.
* I've observed the problem on two computers.
* Computer #1:
  - Windows XP Home
  - AMD Sempron 3000
  - 1.5GB RAM
* Computer #2:
  - Windows Vista Home Premium
  - Intel Pentium Dual Core E2160
  - 2GB RAM

-Mike

Post a reply to this message

> Thorsten Froehlich <tho### [at] trfde> wrote:
>> Please read the message below, it is still valid except for he moderation part:
>>
>> From: Alan Kong <ako### [at] povrayWWWSPAMCOMorg>
>> Newsgroups: povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions
>> Subject: bug reporting
>> Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 20:32:49 -0700
>>
>>  Thorsten, POV-Team
>
> * The problem affects beta 29.
> * I've observed the problem on two computers.
> * Computer #1:
>   - Windows XP Home
>   - AMD Sempron 3000
>   - 1.5GB RAM
> * Computer #2:
>   - Windows Vista Home Premium
>   - Intel Pentium Dual Core E2160
>   - 2GB RAM

The specs are nice, but how about:
- A complete description of the problem and what led up to it. It
will make it a lot easier to track down if you can include a scene
file that will enable us to duplicate the problem. Please remove
non-essential parts until you have the *minimum* scene file that will
reproduce the problem (but do include your camera and light source!).

That would really, really help...

	Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

> - A complete description of the problem and what led up to it. It
> will make it a lot easier to track down if you can include a scene
> file that will enable us to duplicate the problem. Please remove
> non-essential parts until you have the *minimum* scene file that will
> reproduce the problem (but do include your camera and light source!).
>
> That would really, really help...
>
>  Thorsten

Well, the details leading up to the problem are that when I click "Render",
about half the time I get one of those two errors. The file itself is generated
using a program called L3P, and little hand editing has been done to it.

I'm not sure I could upload a scene file, as the scene makes use of dozens of
include files.

-Mike

Post a reply to this message