POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Bug with renderer quitting for no reason : Re: Bug with renderer quitting for no reason Server Time
15 May 2024 18:40:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug with renderer quitting for no reason
From: Roman
Date: 28 Dec 2008 06:45:00
Message: <web.4957658aeec8960f4d3e17860@news.povray.org>
I can confirm this issue.

Subject of the problem as I experience it is the following stand-alone scene
file: http://other.tt-ms.de/scene1.pov
It's a minimalized variant of Gilles Tran's glasses
(http://www.oyonale.com/modeles.php?page=40) with higher radiosity quality
settings.

I'm using Windows Vista x64 on a Intel Core 2 quad Q6600 with 4GB RAM.

When I duplicate the scene file (--> scene2.pov) and load these two files into
the render queue of POV-Ray 3.7 beta 29 64bit for Windows and start to render,
the following happens:

The first image renders correctly, an output image is written to disk. But all
subsequent files in the queue (in this case just scene2.pov, which is just the
same as scene1.pov) fail to render:
Parse error: Cannot open input file.

The problem can be reproduced arbitrarily often, by just restarting the
rendering queue. It also occurs after reinstalling POV-Ray, rebooting etc.

The image resolution seems to be irrelevant, so a quick rendering with just
[160x120, No AA] should already reproduce this issue.

Deactivating radiosity solves the problem, AND SO DOES REDUCING THE RADIOSITY
COUNT TO ABOUT 200 OR FURTHER REDUCING THE COMPLEXITY OF THE SCENE!

This problem prevents automated rendering with high quality radiosity settings
and therefore puts my current rendering project to a halt....
See also
http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/thread/%3Cweb.49564f316561fd8b4d3e17860%40news.povray.org%3E
for more details.