POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Bug report/feature request? Server Time
2 Jun 2024 11:12:05 EDT (-0400)
  Bug report/feature request? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Duane Tackett
Subject: Bug report/feature request?
Date: 12 Oct 1998 05:56:28
Message: <3621c43c.0@news.povray.org>
Guys,

    I was using my computer at work to render something and I needed my
machine for a few seconds, so I paused the render.  To my surprise the clock
kept ticking!  Wouldn't it make sense to pause the clock so you can get an
accurate representation of how long it took a render to complete?  So tell
me, is this a bug or a feature request?  Thanks in advance for a great job
with the new version...I LOVE it!

--
Duane

Check out my web page.  I just started, so don't laugh too hard.
http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/lab/8407
e-mail me: ddt### [at] junocom

Post a reply to this message

"Duane Tackett" <ddt### [at] junocom> wrote:

>    I was using my computer at work to render something and I needed my
>machine for a few seconds, so I paused the render.  To my surprise the clock
>kept ticking!  Wouldn't it make sense to pause the clock so you can get an
>accurate representation of how long it took a render to complete?  So tell
>me, is this a bug or a feature request?  Thanks in advance for a great job
>with the new version...I LOVE it!

Its a feature request: You will never get an accurate timing on any multi-tasking
system. Pausing a render simply makes the problem more obvious.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany

Post a reply to this message