POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Bug report/feature request? : Re: Bug report/feature request? Server Time
28 Sep 2024 11:04:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug report/feature request?
From: Dan Connelly
Date: 12 Oct 1998 20:30:56
Message: <36229116.20CA86BF@flash.net>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> Its a feature request: You will never get an accurate timing on any multi-tasking
system. Pausing a render simply makes the problem more obvious.

So would multiplying it by a random number from 0.5 to 2 :).

The point is to get the best estimate available.  When I do long images, I pause them
when
I want to do other business on my W95 machine, which handles multitasking quite poorly
relative to a UNIX system.  Thus the CPU available to POV, when it is rendering, is
relatively constant.

I think shutting the clock off during pause is a fine idea.

Dan

--
http://www.flash.net/~djconnel/