POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : StretchDIBits () Failed! Server Time
28 May 2024 22:01:19 EDT (-0400)
  StretchDIBits () Failed! (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: jko
Subject: StretchDIBits () Failed!
Date: 6 Oct 1998 00:42:20
Message: <36199125.353E1D82@home.com>
Hi,

	I'm not sure this is a bug at all, much less a PovWin bug. (Maybe it's
just a setting <G>:

With a fairly large image 3000x3000 I'm getting a blank white render
window with the red message... StretchDIBits () Failed! (Windows Error).

The image is rendering to file, so no data is being lost; it's just a
display problem.

Yes, I admitt I usually have several applications running, and I am
currently starting this rendering from within Moray.

I have a Dell 400mhz PII with 256 ram. The video card is the Permedia 2
chip Diamond fire gl pro with 8 meg set to 1152 by 864 24bit.

I shouldn't be up against memory or even video memory limits, and I
certainly have other applications as resource intensive as POV-ray.

So far PovWin is the only application doing this.

I can't be sure, but I think I rendered images this big with earlier
versions of POV-ray and I never encountered this error.

Thanks.

Kevin Odhner
jko### [at] homecom

Post a reply to this message