POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : StretchDIBits () Failed! : Re: StretchDIBits () Failed! Server Time
28 Jun 2024 02:08:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: StretchDIBits () Failed!
From: jko
Date: 6 Oct 1998 21:10:04
Message: <361AB131.5EA35A66@home.com>
Well, I restarted my computer, and that fixed it for now. I think if
it's memory then it's part of another potential bug in PovWin 3.1 that
Lutz already reported.

I have 256 meg of RAM and the scene just isn't big at all. My system has
been frequently getting semi-paralyzed when using Moray and the new
PovWin.  Everything's fine for a while, and then Povray won't start.  I
go into task manager and there is "Povray (Not Responding)" needing to
be shut down.  After that Moray always becomes super slow with every
action delayed by 10 seconds or so. (I have a peppy 400mhz PII) and I am
lucky to be able to save and close. Sometimes restarting Moray seems to
clean everything up. Other times, I have to restart.

If this problem is tying up my memory, then maybe it is also causing the
StretchIDBits problem as well.

Lutz said he was waiting for the PovWin Source to take a look.