POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : StretchDIBits () Failed! : Re: StretchDIBits () Failed! Server Time
28 Jun 2024 02:01:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: StretchDIBits () Failed!
From: Peter Popov
Date: 6 Oct 1998 23:23:43
Message: <361ad0af.0@news.povray.org>
povray.org admin team wrote in message
<3619f400.291602452@news.povray.org>...
>This happens when you have a scene that maxes out your memory, AND you try
>display a large image. The windows API function call that we use to draw to
the
>render window (called StretchDIBits) fails in an unusual manner (it doesn't
>return an error code, but indicates that it copied a total of 0 lines).
>
>As far as we can tell there's no workaround, so we display the message you
see.

I got this message when I tried to maximize a 30x5 render window (I was
rendering a df3 layer). It was not a memory problem, I am sure, since it
happens any time I try to stretch such a small render window. Rather, I
think that the StretchDIBits() function has some limitations, and as you
mention, it is kind of buggy, too. The best "workaround" is already
implemented -- POV indicates that this is a Windows error. Maybe you should
make the "Windows error!" part flash :)

Seriously, maybe if POV itself performs the zooming,, then it can do a
bilinear or bicubic interpolation as well, of course only if specified. Just
an idea.

Peter