POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : StretchDIBits () Failed! : Re: StretchDIBits () Failed! Server Time
28 Jun 2024 02:14:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: StretchDIBits () Failed!
From: povray org admin team
Date: 6 Oct 1998 07:43:44
Message: <3619f400.291602452@news.povray.org>
>I can't be sure, but I think I rendered images this big with earlier
>versions of POV-ray and I never encountered this error.

This happens when you have a scene that maxes out your memory, AND you try to
display a large image. The windows API function call that we use to draw to the
render window (called StretchDIBits) fails in an unusual manner (it doesn't
return an error code, but indicates that it copied a total of 0 lines).

As far as we can tell there's no workaround, so we display the message you see.