POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Windows NT Lab Computer bug? Server Time
2 Jun 2024 12:06:56 EDT (-0400)
  Windows NT Lab Computer bug? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: john holmes
Subject: Windows NT Lab Computer bug?
Date: 4 Oct 1998 01:49:40
Message: <3616fe64.0@news.povray.org>
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. I'm trying to install Povray for
windows 3.1 onto a Lab computer at my school. They have Windows NT
installed, i'm guessing version 4.0. Everytime i try to install it it says
"Corrupt Installation Detected," first thing before it does anything else,
then exits. I've tried getting the files from different sources, web and
ftp, and whole and in parts, but they all do the same. Someone else had the
same problem, but solved it by running winpov.exe from the C: directory. My
directory at school is H: I don't have any access to the C: drive. Could
this be the problem? Thank you for any help. Again, if this isn't really a
bug, just something I'm doing wrong, then I apologize for posting to the
bugreports newgroup.

---John Holmes
04EE Auburn University

Post a reply to this message

>I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. I'm trying to install Povray for
>windows 3.1 onto a Lab computer at my school. They have Windows NT
>installed, i'm guessing version 4.0.

You are "guessing"???

NT 4.0 looks like W95, NT 3.51 looks like old Windows 3.1. Which one is it?
Does POV run on NT 3.51?

Johannes.

Post a reply to this message

> NT 4.0 looks like W95, NT 3.51 looks like old Windows 3.1. Which one is it?
> Does POV run on NT 3.51?
>
> Johannes.

It is NT4.0 I don't follow NT very much, I though 5.0 was out and I wasn't sure
if maybe they had that version.

--John

Post a reply to this message