POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Windows NT Lab Computer bug? : Re: Windows NT Lab Computer bug? Server Time
28 Sep 2024 10:57:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows NT Lab Computer bug?
From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 5 Oct 1998 13:09:07
Message: <3618ef23.0@news.povray.org>
John Holmes wrote in message <3618D36F.21B25F28@eng.auburn.edu>...

>It is NT4.0 I don't follow NT very much, I though 5.0 was out and I wasn't
sure
>if maybe they had that version.

5.0 is still beta.
However, I am sorry that I can't help you with your problem. I run POV on NT
4.0 without problems -on *very* different computers: P60 [slooooow!] and
PII300 :-)

Do you know if the school computers have the Service Pack 3 installed?
Have you had success installing other stuff? Maybe your user rights are very
limited (for example access to the registry). That could be a reason for the
installation to fail (if your school doesn't want students to install
stuff). But I am only guessing here...

Johannes.